I’ve always loved the look of my hair after a long day at the beach. The invigorating salt, creates such a natural wave and curl that I have always wished to create on my own. Recently a friend gave me the perfect recipe for creating the very best beach curls. The best part? It is full of organic goodness for my hair and NO horrible heat tools are needed.
SO here it is. Tried and tested by me: THE PERFECT BEACH CURL CONCOCTION
What you will need:
1 Spray Bottle
3-4 tablespoons of Sea salt (this will achieve the crisp beachy look)
2-3 pumps of organic water based hair gel
1/2 teaspoon of organic Coconut based conditioning and styling creme (avoid too much as it will weigh down your hair)
2 drops of an essential oil of your choosing
What you need to do:
1. After washing your hair, towel dry and lightly blow wave until your hair is semi dry.
2. Add salt, conditioning creme, organic hair gel and droplets of oil into the spray bottle and fill with water. Shake the bottle well to mix.
3. Spray your hair until it is very damp. Using your fingers, scrunch your hair well or twist into curls and let your hair dry. For a more full on effect, braid or fish plait your hair until it dries.
4. When your hair is dry, use your fingers to maintain the curls. Add hairspray to hold if needed.
5. Rock your perfect beach curls!
If you cannot make your own organic beach curl concoction, check out the KMS Seasalt Spray to achieve the tousled, just-out-of-the-ocean look.
Happy curling Handsome Wanderers. Keep watch for more We Are Handsome HOW TO’s in this Summer Series.