Ummm, amazing? I now know what I am doing Saturday crafternoon. This is the best DIY project I have seen in a while. It has just taken my love of vintage china to another level. How did they think to do this? Were they sitting at a tea party one afternoon and thought “Let’s stack all our china on top of one another and add a lamp kit for a li’l somethin’, somethin'”? However they got to that point – it’s pure genius.
You will need the follow bits and pieces to make this cute little stack:
- lamp kit (available at most hardware stores)
- strong ceramic adhesive
- teaware (cups, saucers, teapots, etc.)
- plate with fluted edgesÂ for the base
- drill press or corded/battery-operated drill
- tile/glass drill bit
1. Cool the china in some water to prevent them overheating whilst drilling.
2. Once cold drill a hole in the center of all your china.
3. Place the teapots and teacups together in a cool design. Let your creativity come to life! Begin gluing the pieces together.
4. Once glued into place – feed the wire through the center.
5. Once glue has dried finish the wiring and assemble the lamp kit as per it’s instructions!
6. Voila! Now make a tea and sit by you tea lamp.
DIY PROJECT via Designsponge.com