It seems as though this Frozen Yogurt aka FROYO craze just keeps getting bigger and bigger. Look I am not complaining, it has certainly made a feature in my summer diet over the last two summers. Who am I kidding? I FROYO all year round. So much so, that the term FROYO itself has made the rather odd but occasional transition from a noun into a verb. “Oh hey I am just going to go FROYO, want to come?” “Do you FROYO?” “Of course I FROYO!” Well now you can FROYO yourself at home with my delicious popsicle recipe. So prepare yourselves for a damn delicious summer treat with my HANDSOME POPS OF FROYO.
What you will need:
1-2 cups of organic plain or vanilla yogurt
Half cup of mixed summer fruit eg Berries, Peach, banana, watermelon, Mango
1 tablespoon of Honey
½ tablespoon of lemon juice (optional)
6-8 small paper cups
Wooden popsicle sticks
What you will need to do:
1. Add selected fruits, honey and lemon juice, to the yogurt in a blender. Blend until desired consistency.
2. Put the paper cups onto a plate or a flat tray. Cut strips of foil big enough to cover each cup individually.
3. Pour mixture into the cups at about ¾ full. Add left over pieces of fruit if desired.
4. Once the cups are filled cover each cup with foil and make a small slit in the centre of the foil where the wooden popsicle stick will go. This will help to hold the popsicle stick in place while the yogurt freezes.
5. Add the popsicle sticks and place the FROYO pops into the freezer. Once your FROYO Pops are done, just peel back the foil and paper and enjoy! Simple, easy, fun and delicious.
So there you have it. FROYO has made its way into the hearts of people all around the world and now you can have it whenever and however you want.